Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What is in your Wallet?

I see before me the contents of my wallet and my purse. I see that I love to shop. I see that I save lots of little pieces of papers. Receipts and notes. I have business cards mainly for doctors’ offices and others are for random people that I know are my friends.
I see a much worn bank card, and combined with the receipts I see that I don’t carry a lot of cash. The coin compartment is full of coins and one fortune cookie fortune telling me to be creative. The recipes from the craft stores and the local bead store show that I don’t need any help to be creative.
I also find an iron on patch of Jimminy Cricket from Pinocchio. Is this a whimsical spirit shining through? In addition to the patch I find a novelty id for Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Yes a vampire slayer at heart, and overall strong women role model or a strange blond to giggle at. One doesn’t know but will make us ponder.
Wondering into the purse we find several nice pens in multi colors and not one but two small notebooks. One says Tranquility on the outside. Upon review there is no tranquility, there is only a busy life of list of to do’s, ideas to share with co-workers, a hint of the religious beliefs show up here, notes about loved ones in the hospital, notes about a friend’s wedding and of course thoughts and notes for posting for my English class. There are also pages of doodles and plans. The other note book contains private thoughts that ground and motivate me and more serious sketches of things of beauty.
I think someone would find that I am very scattered all though I use my note books to organize my thoughts so that they will make since to others and be easily shared. I am shopping addict in hiding. I keep my receipts too, so it seems like I am spending a lot, but they just pile up in there because I don’t have a lot of time to progress that joy. I think they might wonder what things I create, and if I was any good at creating things. Some people view crafting as crap while others can see the beauty in crafting.
One last major thing is in my purse. It is my digital camera. I have hundreds of pictures of my son, my family and friends on my camera. I would hope that someone would see how much I love my family and how much I enjoy being a mom. I think that the digital camera would say more than all the other things about me. I think that by viewing the pictures they would see part of my life and really feel like they knew me.

2 comments:

Susan Lienesch said...

Heather Girl, you really show that a woman's wallet and purse can be a window to her soul, even to her very life's journey.Thanks for sharing this nicely-narrated walk through your creative spirit. Love ya - Silly Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
I really enjoyed reading your wallet writing. Your writing told me that you are a very loving and full of spirit person. Your blog is full of fun Thanks for sharing them. It was a wonderful experiece working with you over the course. Keep in touch, Heather.
Quyen