Sunday, December 28, 2008

Our Car

Well it has been a long few days dealing with the insurance company and our car. Our car was in an accident. The lady tells me. Like I didn't know!! And since it was in an accident you have to deal with the fact that the cost of repairs are more than the car is worth (to them) so they have declared that our car is totaled. They feel our car is a complete loss.
After much research and discussion, Alan is currently heading over to pull a part to get the parts to fix my car for under $50 bucks. Hello! Okay so I know that if we took it to a shop that we could pay and arm and a leg to get it fixed, but this entire thing is crazy.
So, after Alan fixes my car, I have to take it to the State Patrol and have it re-titled so that I can continue to have insurance coverage for my car. The entire thing is stupid and tedious. It feels like the insurance company just took our car and decided it is a POS and we just have to deal with it.
There was no account for the fact that the transmission is the most valued part on my car! Hello!!!! For a Ford Taurus a new transmission is like gold! And the one we have is only about 4 years old.
We had to really think about what we wanted to do. The insurance company was ready to tow her away, and give us a crappie check that wouldn’t pay for anything that we would want to drive.
Our neighbor just bought a new to her car. And then in this weather, the first thing that happens to her is the starter goes out. I think that would be worse right now, feeling like I should have a car that runs and then have it break down on me all the time. YUCK!!

No comments: